Creative ideas could help us in, but are not limited to, graphic design, data analytics, drawings, and information management. When we have innovative ideas, we can have a clear structure for the following steps and finish work quickly. In this article, I would like to share how I gained creative ideas on a frequency basis. This post will be the first part that relates to writing.

I received a lot of prizes, including national awards relating to writing, since elementary school. I could come up with an idea quickly and finish a paper soon. I usually can complete a report within a day of my university life. English is my second language, and it might take more time and challenge for me to adjust the content and grammar, but I would like to share my reading experiences and hope that helps your writing experience.

On the one hand, when I was a child, my mom asked me to read many books. They could be various books, such as comic books and storybooks. My mom encouraged me to have an interest in reading. On the other hand, my schools had some reading lists for our summer and winter break. We needed to write some thoughts for each book on this list. Besides, one of our reading assignments was copying our favorite sentences in the notebook. We could study and apply these writing skills in future writings.

After doing a lot of readings for over 10 years, I found that my reading and writing speeds became much faster. I could catch the main point of an extended reading quickly.

Overview Draft

Having a quick writing ability not only help with paper but daily work. I always have an overview of the paper before I start to write.

I organize this overview in bullet points and have one key point sentence for each paragraph. This can help the paper go through logic and make sense to the target audience. This step can also help you know what you want to write and what resources you want to apply.

If you have a clear idea of the contents of this paper, you can finish it quickly. I also apply this method to my work. I have an overview of the weekly workload in mind and set the priority and deadlines for each assignment. If the task is challenging, I will give it around 3 days to study relevant knowledge. If the job is not tough, I usually finish it in 10 minutes to 3 hours.

Writing and reading speed need many practices. The final goal is to finish our work on quality and on time. My working style is completing tasks quickly and giving myself to review the draft.

Daily Reading

I have to say, to be honest, I don’t read business news usually although my work was related to business. Instead, I keep reading exciting content I’m interested in every day for at least one hour.

At first, I didn’t think this step could impact my ability. But then, one day, I realized I could catch keywords for articles quickly, which helped me search for information quickly during my study and work. I was always the person that helped others to gain relevant information in my university’s group projects.

Daily reading is an excellent way to develop potential skills that surprise you.

Good Mindest

Some of my friends reached out to me to ask for an idea for their paper. They said it was hard to have an idea quickly.

As for me, when I received a writing topic, I would give myself some time to think about the draft before I had negative thoughts. Of course, not every starting point is perfect, but it could give me some ideas to build future paragraphs.

Don’t be afraid to have multiple drafts or rewrite your paper. Mistakes can create better inspiration.

That’s my writing experience. Enjoy writing!!