Definition of Multimedia

Compared to dry content teaching, multimedia can engage students in their learning experiences. The following will discuss how to apply multimedia in education.

The TPACK Model

Technological knowledge: It is how to use technology. The correct choice of multimedia for content presentation can enhance the interest in the teaching content. Teaching tools include traditional ones (pen, notebook) or online multimedia. After the pandemic, more classes transfer to the online model. In this case, I have more access to multimedia learning, such as videos and online assessments. For this course, I often write notes for concepts in my notebook, then access knowledge online to gather more information.

Pedagogical knowledge: It is how to teach through instructional strategies, teaching methods, and assessments. DLSU (n.d.) stated that “the five major approaches are Constructivist, Collaborative, Integrative, Reflective and Inquiry-Based Learning.” In this part, students can learn how to collaborate and learn from others.

Content knowledge: It is what teachers know. The video below says an expert might not be a good teacher. Teachers should refer to the above teaching methods to provide a better learning experience for the student.

Explanation of the TPACK model

The SECTIONS model

9.1 Models for media selection – Teaching in a Digital Age – Second Edition

In this course, I got interested in the concepts through the videos, and the skillful presentation of the content through the articles allowed me to take better notes. However, if the concept explanation video is a little long, I could not pay attention to each detail to take notes.

The Storytelling Video

Here is the link of my video in the last post: click here.

In my previous video editing experiences, I used recorded videos in real life to add background music and other elements for editing. At this time, I tried to use PowerPoint format to form a video and add my recorded voice. I found that it is closer to an actual presentation, and I feel not nervous because I do not need to face the camera.

I will combine the PowerPoint format and the recorded videos to create a more engaging video.

Reference

DLSU. (n.d.). Values education pedagogy for z learners. Retrieved from: https://www.dlsud.edu.ph/coed/ncvre/docs/2019/DrChesterRelleve-PEDAGOGYGENZ.pdf